Performance Difference On AGP 8x & 4x on Geforce Fx 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.

numan

[HELP] Performance Difference Between AGP 8x & 4x on Geforce Fx 5200

I m using Inno3d Geforce FX 5200(AGP 8x supported) on MSI motherboard (p4mam-v) with AGP 4x. I m using intel celeron D 2.4 GHz Processor & 512 MB ram.

Some latest games run slow on my pc. I want to ask that is there any performance difference of running Geforce FX 5200 on AGP 8x. I have AGP 4x motherboard and want to upgrade my motherboard to 8x if there is any performance difference.
One more thing i want to ask i.e. For a better performance in gaming what should i have to upgrade.
1. Processor
2. Motherboard with AGP 8x
3. 3d card

You wont see a difference with that card. It is underpowered for any games made in the past few years. Instead of swapping out the board Id change the video card. Radeon 9600XT and 9800 Pros are very cheap right now and will work great in your system. You'll notice a huge difference in frame rates and you can use high resolutions.

U mean that i should have to replace the 3d card instead of motherboard. Is Radeon 9600 works better than Fx 5200 on my system (AGP 4x). Is all new games works great. Radeon 9600 is 128 mb or 256 mb?

I have two cards Radeon 9200se and Geforce Fx5200. Which one is better.
I want to replace one of them.

Hello I have the same MSI board. P4MAM-V

I want to purchase a card compatible for the 4X AGP slot I have. I was looking into SAPPHIRE Atlantis 9600 Pro (Radeon 9600 Pro) 128MB DDR, but I'm not too sure on AGP cards.

Will I be able to play newer games and this game called FATE by Tangent (the specifications are there).

If someone would be so kind to go to hardwarezone.com.sg and look at the AGPs available there and let me know which one would be better. I'd post the link but it doesn't allow me to.

Thank you

The game Fate has relatively low system requirements, to wit:

- Windows 2000, XP, Vista
- 800 MHz PC or better
- 128 MB RAM (256MB for XP, 512MB for Vista)
- 16MB 3D Graphics Accelerator
- DirectX version 8.0 or above
- Internet Connection required for full version unlocking
- Mouse & Keyboard

The Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB should work fine and it will work in your 4x AGP slot. However, for newer games as you mentioned it will struggle although it will depend somewhat on what newer games you're talking about. I have an older PC with a 4x AGP slot and have a Powercolor 9600 Pro 256MB and it works just fine, just not great with newer games. For newer games I have a different PC.

I don't know what happened to my previous response. But, I stated that I called the store and asked about the Sapphire being 4X compatible and I was told it won't work and it's not. And, I seen the Powercolor, will ask around. When, you see new games, which do you mean? I want to be able to play like Wolfenstein, Counterstrike etc.

Rage - Which brand or something is that?

Thank you Dustin and Rage, but I doubt I can get those two.

Will I be able to play Wolfenstein ET with that graphic card? It needs to OpenGL, so is the Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB sufficient?

Thank you

Thank you.

The difference in range like 128mb and 256mb in graphic cards meanings of better performance and speed, so that they won't consume as much from main ram, am I right?

And, I recently tried to add 1GB to my 128MB but I got this long beeping noise and it wouldn't let me keep the both memory, it was either or, why is this so?
They were both of same type . . . and I have two slots . . . .

I tried to FATE: UR and it required Windows XP SP3 and 32mb 3d hardware accelerated video card and I was trying to the previous version but was out of free trials so I was asked to try this one. The thing is the game got pass the previous stage I couldn't but there was some lag and the bottom tools didn't load right and had empty gap and a several colored bar. I guess I really need a better graphic card to play it, blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back