TechSpot

Performance gets down on converting Windows XP to Windows Vista

By Vandana
Dec 12, 2007
  1. Hi All,

I have a huge designed application in VC++ compatible with Vista and XP OS.

1. I have installed this application on Windows XP OS machine, working fine with good performance.

2. Now i am converting Windows XP to Windows Vista on the same machine where i already installed my application, now the application is working fine but after executing my application i am getting following performance problems:

a) Execution time is more than with XP OS.

b) Termination time of the application is more than the time taken by application on XP machine.

Please give me any clue because my application is not a small, it has huge design heirarchy.

Van

2. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

This is most likely because Vista is slower than XP in some aspects still - this should improve after SP1 though.

By "converting Windows XP to vista", do you mean you had XP installed and now you put Vista on?

3. Vandana

Vandana TS Rookie Topic Starter

not like this my application is compatible with both OS and if i test on separate VISTA machine then performance is same.

while installing application, it finds OS as XP that means application is installed under XP OS then we installed Vista on XP but we didnt install application again, in this case performance gets down.

Van

4. Daveskater

Again, do you mean that you had XP on your computer then installed Vista on it?

I'm afraid i'm having trouble understanding your posts.

5. Vandana

Yes, i already had XP and upgraded Vista on it.
    one another query, what is the difference b/w upgrading system from XP to Vista and running on XP and Vista (2 different machines).

and what is relationship with its performance issue, i mean how performance differs between these two scenario.

6. Vandana

Hi,
    To insert a bitmap is taking more time on Vista than XP, can we increase this performance?

7. Daveskater

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.