TechSpot

Performance question regarding 'Titan Quest'

By Zak
Oct 23, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just bought and installed the game 'Titan Quest'. I have a good computer so I maxed out all the settings. However, the performance seems to stutter in spots but it doesnt seem like it is stuttering in parts of the game it should. For example: I could be fighting 15 or so enemies on the screen at once and there will be no stutter but I could just be running through the enviroment with nothing much going on and it will stutter. My buddy told me that the game is probably not optimized for dual-core processors but I have installed the Dual-core optimizer and have patched the game to the latest version. Does anyone else have any advice? Thanks!

SPECS:
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX X2

2. freezevic

freezevic TS Rookie

crazy

I have the same problem i thought that if i down graded the game a little it whould fix that problem and to no avail nothing same thing every thing on low and 800 x 600 res i get the stutter in stupid spots of the game like zoning and stuff like that dosent make any sense. BUT i have found one thing i found that if i alt enter when it starts to stutter it fixes it but that becomes a annoying after a while. so i run my game at high and when it stutters i just alt enter and shazam it fixes it i think it is the game itself ive done everything else and nothing turned all progams off in backgroud and all that still the same i guess i am gouing to have to live with it till they patch and fix the game that way ALT ENTER is the only thing i have found sorry. Hope that helped =)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.