Performance Question

Hello,

it's kinda weird but last few months my pc was getting slower and slower, and when I decided today to format my pc it wasn't needed anymore, cause I started my pc on, typed pass and right after I typed the pass it goes directly to my desktop, programs starts directly all the same. It's like my pc is fast again...but the question is why??? :D

Regards

I am not really sure what the cause of this is, but it happens to me every once and awhile.

Thats a PC symptom, I have dealt with all the way back to Windows 3.1 era.

The biggest issue is Mal-ware, but you probably know this without needing to be told.

I believe some of it has to do with applications that are not fully compatible with other applications. And the redundancies Microsoft has put in place to minimize these incompatibilities.

One issue is software creators packaging little applications that load during bootup. These little applications don't do much damage by themselves, but they add up after installing several dozen application. A couple dozen little applications all running at bootup, can play a toll on system performance. System cleaners such as CCleaner can remove these applications from startup and prevent them from running during boot.

You mentioned your PC was getting slower and slower, but you didn't suggest exactly how or where it was being effected.

Internet browsing can also suffer a loss in performance if the temporary cache is not cleaned out periodically. The way it was described to me during reading about it was, the more files in temporary cache the longer it takes the browser to render pages. I think it has to do with the browser loading preexisting page data and taking longer to find and load these files because there are more files to search through in the folder. Regardless the reason why, CCleaner is real handy for cleaning the temporary cache locations.

All versions of Windows suffer from this issue. That's why we have to keep the file system and registry clean. If you want the PC to perform at peak performance this is what you need to do. Also HDD do go duff and not much you can do about (duff = bad). I have one here I am had to replaced. System is rebuilding as we speak. I have a neat script that runs off a USB stick and then the rest off my NAS to build the system up.

Everyone should have a folder called PC Cleaners on his or her desktop.
In this folder you should have the following:

Process Explorer (free from MS)
System Ninja (download from techspot)
UnCleaner (get it from the author site)
JetClean (download from techspot)
Spyware Blaster (download from techspot or author site)
UltraDefrag 32 or 64-bit (download from techspot or author site or sourceforge)
Wise Care 365 (download from techpot)
Free Windows Tuner (cnet downloads)

Daily life usage this is what I use.

Everyday
Start off

Manually these programs do not need to run in startup nor in the background to waste RAM

1. Wise Care 365 - PC Check up, System Cleaner (Reg, 4x Common, Advance, System)
2. JetClean
3. System Ninja (2x times you run it)
4. Free Windows Tuner
5. UnCleaner
6. Ultra Defrag (Check and defrag)

Once a Month are:
Spyware Blaster

Issues Only
Process Explorer

Another Area of concern would be Task Scheduler.
Open that up and make sure there isn't anything set by default or by apps to run.
Nothing should be in there set to run other than from Microsoft.
If your not running Norton n the system remove all task for that app.

There is one more app that you might want to try it's free. It's called; Should I Remove it
This would be used on apps your not sure what they do and mostly are for what others say about keeping I on the PC. Use with caution always.

Hello, thanks for the replies, what slower I actually ment the whole system. It's kinda normal my pc was a bit slower then normal, cause many games are installed, I use internet a lot, my internet isn't slow though, pages are loading quite fast so that's not the problem. But what I DO have is a virus I can't delete. But I got the virus under control. I use EndItAll 2 every time I reboot to end the virus's process. Could that be the problem? Cause I'll be surprised if it does cause the virus can't do anything if the process is ended. I cleaned up my laptop inside to though, cleaned fans, cleaned all dusts in it. But still it's going quite slow. Not TO slow it's pretty fast. But it isn't s fast anymore when I first bought it. Maybe it's just the memory? Suggestions please ^^

Run Process Explorer you can get that from techspot downloads and see what processes is hosing your system. If you had a virus it might be still lurking or some parts of it. Make sure you scan the system with the post suggestion above, SuperAntiSpyware Free. Fun those at the max scan.

Also stuff like Adobe Reader quick start, java's system tray app I tend to remove from system startup. Adobe likes to think they are helping but it just slows your entire Windows load for the benefit of a slight improvement in Reader load time.

At run -> "msconfig", in the startup tab you can see what is configured to start and where. Also the Services tab is worth having a look at. I generally google each running service and app to find out if they are safe to disable or stop from auto-starting.

Back