Performed 8 steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorno83

computer is running slow and sluggish and keeps locking up on me. i have an ibm thinkpad t30 running windows xp. I know its a pretty old computer but it was running just fine until last night then everything started acting up. I ran a scan disk and it did find a bunch of problems and i guess fixed them. Its so bad that my cd-rom drive wont even read my recovery disk. and i trid puttg in my thumb drive and its not detecting it anymore. any help is greatly appreciated thanks

heres my attachments

cant boot into safe made

Not sure if this helps out but i was trying to boot into safemade too re run the checks and it would not bootup. it froze up at agp440 i think.

any ideas
Thanks

My apology for the delay! This is a busy place.

As for the slow and sluggish> 2 reasons> malware and too much running! You have 40 add-ons- mostly games, especially poker. These entries are also vulnerabilities. If you are interested in doing something to help the system work better:

Open Internet Explorer> Tools> Manage add-ons> Disable all but Java,Shockwave and Windows Genuine Advantage> Apply> OK> Reboot.

any difference? If you want to look at the entries I'm referring to: open the HijackThis log and look at the 016 entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back