performed a recovery, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0ka

hello, i recently performed a complete recovery of my pc, after messing up my OS with partition magic, during the recovery, which is still going on, the windows burnin screen is there now for about 6 hours, it says PLEASE WAIT. working... the system will shut down automatically, other progs that are running are Chktime, system preparation tool 2.0, Finalize process and project 1 ???... i have never done a recovery before so i am not sure how long this should take, it seems to be taking far to long,

Restart the recovery and be sure to choose a full recovery, deleting all data and starting over completely

ok i have did this using the packard bell recovery dvd that was created using their recovery console, xp installed with no drivers or pre installed software and now my local disc C has 20GB missing and is formatted FAT32.. i have been on their own support forums and it seems that their recovery methods are not that good, during the installation i kept seeing a windows 98 flash screen and the pc was re booting loads of times, and it kept on displaying errors about data that could not be saved and staying at the same screen for hours.. i got the drivers and stuff sorted but i am thinking will everything be ok with a FAT32 file system on my primary HD and could i assign the missing 20GB to a new partition, rather than go through the madness that i have gone through the past 2 days til 5am... on one of the posts in the Packard Bell forum someone said that they ended up with windows 98 installed after performing a recovery... very strange

Ditch the Packard Bell recovery disc and get a full XP install disc. Install XP on a clean partition of NTFS. The XP install CD will handle partitioning, and formatting duties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back