Periodic Black screen - must powercycle monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I have a heating problem, a bad monitor, or something else ... here's the deal.

New (christmas 2008) Dell Insprion 519 Desktop running Vista.
ATI Radeo x2400 Pro
22 inch E228WFP Monitor

Turn the box on ... works fine for 15-20 minutes ... then monitor goes dark ... If I turn the monitor off and back on the display returns ... for a few minutes ... rinse/repeat ... eventually gets to the point where it goes dark every 12-13 seconds (but still recovers after a monitor power-cycle for another 12-13 seconds).

Same symptoms in Safe Mode, Setup, or running Diagnostics (F12 - which did not show any problem) so from this I'd eliminate OS or driver problems methinks ... and hence an entire system reload suggested by Dell support will not be in the offing. (I did update video drivers with latest Catalyst to no avail)

My next step is to put another monitor on the box and see if the symptoms continue ... but beyond that I'm not sure how to shoot this problem! Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. ADVthanksANCE.
=Gneen

Trying another monitor is a good first step. See what happens and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back