Peripherals not powering up on new build PC

I have recently built a new PC and am having some issues, I am getting power to all of my components but no power to any of my peripherals (keyboard, mouse & monitor) my monitor is in power saving mode.

I have done the following steps to try and resolve the problem:

- Upgrade from a 500w to 750w PSU
- Replace CPU as there was a slightly bent pin.
- Replace motherboard.
- Reset the CMOS.
- Clean the RAM sticks and put back in
- Boot with 1 RAM stick.
- Tried using DVI, VGA & HDMI cables to connect to monitor.

Also, please note my motherboard does not have a VGA or DVI port so I am unable to test if it is the graphics card.

None of these steps worked, does anyone have any idea what may be causing this issue?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Need more info on what hardware you are using. Make and Model of: Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Video Card, PSU, etc.
It's easier to troubleshoot with this info.

Gigabyte GA 970-DS3P motherboard
AMD FX-6300 3.5Ghz processor
8GB DDR3 RAM (2 4GB sticks)
750W corasair PSU
Sapphire 7850 2GB graphics card.

Thanks for your help

It seems like you probably have something either not seated correctly or not plugged in at all. Just some basic things to check:
  • CPU connector (4-8 pin)
  • MOBO connector (20-24 pin)
  • RAM
  • CPU
Make sure all of those things are properly seated and secure. I'd also go as far as unplugging all peripherals just to see if you will get your computer to boot. So, you'd be trying to get it going with just the core components (CPU,1 stick RAM,HDD,PSU, and GPU.) Unplug all fans or extra components you may have. Let us know the results.

Ok. So I finally got power to my peripherals. Was a bent pin on cpu. But now I am having an issue with booting from os disc. I burnt windows 7 iso do dvd-rw disc but when I try to boot with dvd drive I get a message saying boot device not found. Any ideas?

You have to go into bios and switch the boot priority from HDD to optical drive. However, since it's saying that a boot device can't be found. That points to a problem with your HDD. Is it plugged in correctly? Even if you manage to boot from the CD, if your computer isn't recognizing your HDD you will not be able to install windows.

Back