Permanently placing files onto a USB key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My name is Danny. Working as a Design Engineer in Ireland, mainly invovled with 3D modelling and manufacturing.

Our company has recently purchased a few thousand USB keys for promotional purposes. We need to permanently copy a few files onto each key. The last itme we got them supplied with the files already on, but it was a complete disaster. Fiels could be deleted and they had left out files here and there.

Can anyone suggest a program/ method to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Some great info on the forums.

Cheers
Danny

I'd imagine the easiest way hardware wise would be to buy a few USB hubs.

Not sure what third party software is out there that would make this easier on you but, you could always script a simple .bat to copy a file or two and write them to whatever drives you wanted.

Heya,

Thanks for the reply.

Hardware is not a problem. Nice weekend job for some of the employees kids.

Apologies for the ignorance that follows: Is it possible to lock the files using a .bat script?

Thanks again.
Danny

Hi ir555 :wave: Welcome to TechSpot. You are presently in the Introduce yourself forum. (Now moved by SNGX1275 -thank-you)

Your question may be best suited to Other Hardware or possibly The Alternative OS (linux in mind)

By posting in the right forum, you will more likely receive technical support for your issue.

I went ahead and moved the thread for you, its a little cleaner if a mod moves the thread as opposed to creating a second thread on the same topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back