Personal email at work.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that it is legal for employers to check your company based email at will. However, does this also extend into your personal web based email account? I know that it is possible for them to do so with the right equipment, but what are the odds that an employer will hack into your private life. I check my priave emails throughout the day while at work using the company computer and server. It was my understanding that using a webbased email account would not save anything to the network or atleast provide some privacy where the employer can not get into your email account....am I misunderstood???

As long as you do not open any attachments on the web based email, you desktop at
work is safe.

It is possible for the employer to capture your login/pw for the personal email access,
but I do not think they would take that chance. The issue for all email is
what is being sent outbound as attachments?​

IMO, You would be well advised to STOP READING PERSONAL EMAIL at work.

Basically, when you are at work, there is no (legal) expectation of privacy in any communications.

Courts have established that they have the right to access to any email, web or otherwise, that you access while at work. The main concern is sending out company secrets.
We have a case here now. The employee setup her own access to her own account, simply using a company telephone line to her laptop modem. She was checking on her kids when they got home from schoo. The boss got the right to inspect the mail.

But can capture your login and password, but NOT legally...

For your own security, you do not want to allow any network setting to have a potential access to your keystrokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back