PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Bios Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two days ago, I installed updates for Dell Jukebox MusicMatch.

I went to turn on my computer this morning, and was greeted with the blue screen and a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Bios Error.

It says it's most likely due to newly installed hardware or software.

I've been reading online that it's due to a RAM problem.

Help!

1. How do I know which hardware/software was newly installed, so I can go in and erase it?

2. If I totally erase MusicMatch from my system, will that fix the problem?

3. Will this error (and the reason for the error) cause any further damage to other parts of my computer?

I am NOT computer savvy AT ALL and having this blue screen show up was my worst fear!

Please help!

RAM is hardware. It could be faulty ram, which if you have multiple sticks you'll need to remove one and test it individualy using a program called Memtest86.

I dont know what will happen if you uninstall musicmatch but you can always try, there's no harm there.

navigate to the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and post us 5-6 new minidumps on your next post.

What do you mean post 5-6 mini dumps in my next post?

I cannot open the link to the mini posts and there is just one link from 8.25 am which is when I turned on the pc and found the blue screen with the error.

Boot up into safe mode and see if the computer works. Do this by pressing F8 just before the windows logo comes up at start up. If it does work uninstall Jukebox MusicMatch while your in safe mode, then restart and boot into windows normaly.

Minidump file - Its a small log file that windows creats whenever your PC crashes, if you have that enabled (most likely)

C:\Windows\Minidump - Directory where they're stored. So in other words, Open up My computer then double click the C drive then find the Windows Folder and enter that and lastly the Minidump folder.

Then when you want to 'attach' them to your next post, click on the "Post Reply" button on the end of the thread and write your message, and somewhere there is "Manage Attatchments". From there upload them and i think from there you should be able to figure things out :)

FYI: you can also do this while in safe mode as well, if you cant do it from normal windows..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back