PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error with 0x0000004E error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i recently reformated my computer and wiped both my hard drives. Since then i have installed XP Home Edition and my radeon 9800 drivers and my sound blaster drivers. within half an hour 90% of the time i have a random freeze. Sometimes it gives me a PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error with 0x0000004E error but sometimes it just stops the running application usually internet explorer then the start bar is the next to go then the entire system shuts down. I have tried many places and nobody can seem to figure it out. I have tried reformating many times and have done a ton of hard drive and memory tests. If anyone has any ideas as to what this might be please leave a post or email me at Mekkor@gmail.com with longer stuff.

Thanks again in advance,
Grim

What kind of memory tests have you performed? Did you run one overnight for 6+ passes? And was it a boot-form?

If you have a CD burner or floppy drive, I'd recommend to START with memtest86. Get it at:
http://www.memtest.org

If comes in both floppy and cd-iso image (for burning a bootable cd). Boot off either the floppy or cd version, then let this thing run overnight... at least 6 passes.

It can generally shake out flakey memory.. and most of this memory will get past many memory testers (including Microsoft's own memtest program). Give this a shot and see if you get any errors over night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back