Phew all the scans are complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinklady

Well at long last i have finished doing all the appropriate scans. Please can someone help me sort out my messy computer.

The problem is i am getting a lot of CiD advertisements and it is driving me mad.

I will be most grateful for your help.

I have posted a hijack this attachment, well i hope i have anyway lol.

Please be warned i am not very good at fixing computers.

Regards

Lady in distress

oh i forgot to mention the CiD advertisement are opening with internet explorer 7. They are still poping up even though i have done all the 8 steps.

Try this Network Analyzer

http://hjt.networktechs.com/

This system has been designed to help you quickly find information about everything contained in your HJT logs. The process taps the greatest information databases available to help you figure out which items in your log are OK and which ones are bad! Any information on the items will be displayed when you run your mouse over that line. Wherever possible you will be linked to a specific thread for help on that item.
After running the hijackthis! program this will create a log you will then need to cut and paste the log to the Network Analyzer webpage. Once you have done this and hit the button found on the bottom left hand side (of where you pasted the hijackthis! log) that is titled 'parse' momentarily it will give you results of the data that is listed in your hijackthis! log. After getting the information from this website it will be a matter of returning to your hijackthis! program to remove items listed as being undesirable.
Please understand this is not the last work in evaluating your hijackthis! files but a good preliminary start to what is going on with your system.
Good luck!

Regards.

Thanks BillAlan,

I have just got the information from Network Analyzer, so do i now go to hijackthis log and just delete them? Sorry i have never done this before.

You may choose to do so, but post a fresh log for checking. Also, since you have done the 8 steps, where are the other 2 required logs?

Oh I thought it was the wrong thread but it's not!

Where are the other two attachments?
Also I noticed you have Spybot-S&D installed, you really should have uninstalled that first (as per the guide) before running everything

You will click to 'fix'

You will look over the suggestions found in the earlier given website.
The red items it will direct you to remove. Any item you wish to remove can be removed by clicking next to the item in your hijackthis! listing.
Once you have found all items you wish to fix you can then click on the button on the hijackthis! program that reads 'fix checked' Once you have done this the program removes the items you have checked. Word of caution: once you have clicked the 'fix checked' those items are gone. Carefully decide what you wish to remove by reading documentation found from moving your mouse over the listed (color coordinated) files. ONLY the ones that are red can be removed without concern. Others you may want to spend time looking over prior to removing.After this process you can just leave the hijackthis! program and you are good to go!
Good luck
Regards.

I have done as you suggested with hijackthis and rebooted, still having problems. I have now uninstalled spybot. Do i post my
1) Malwarebytes Anti Malware log
2) SuperAntiSpyware log
3) Hijackthis log
in this post?

Sorry, still getting CiD advertisements, they keep popping up with internet explorer.

Also noticed that there is a new version of hijack this, that is also in red.

Try out this webpage, this gives specific instruction how to stop popups using internet explorer.
Speaking of which, I would recommend you update (if you haven't already) to using Internet Explorer 8.
There are some other great web browsers available. Many people today are using the Firefox browser. To download this browser you will find the download page at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
If it were me I would go through both suggestions previously made.

If it were me I would go through both suggestions previously made
Me too :)

Mind you I wouldn't be talking about updating browsers just yet
There's still the small matter of infection !

I hope pinklady, is actually running Malwarebytes (updated first) right now
But we won't know without the log though :(

I will try and send you the log from Malwarebytes and so on....... if i can find where i loged the thing lol

If you will go to your Malwarebyes program click on the icon that will open the program you will there see tabs that give you the option to open your logs. Once you click on the tab that reads 'logs' you may then click on the desired log you wish to open. Once that has opened (obviously sending the latest log) you will then send that as an attachment with your next reply.

it wont let me post the Malwarebytes log because it exceeds the 200.0 kb limit. What do i do?

Sorry i am daft x

I appreciate your help.

I am still having problems uploading my Malwarebytes log. Each time i upload it with the paperclip it says it exceeds the 200.0 kb limit.

Go to the log that you wish to send copy and paste half of it to a note pad naming it a name of your choice then putting that file on your desktop where it is easily found copy and paste the other half the same way putting it on your desktop then send both files as two separate attachments.
will that do the trick?
Regards.

Fingers crossed this is right now. It took a longtime but hopefully it is done.

Since doing hijack this a second time, i think i the problem has quietened down, i haven't seen any popups since.

I did have a norton warning the second time saying hijack this was trying to change my browser page and did i want to go back to the original setting (or words to that effect) , this time i pressed no.

Am i making sence?

I'm not the expert

I'm not the expert I like trying to help people the best I know how. (and at the same time trying to stay out of the way of the experts) :wave: From what I saw (looking over your logs) is that you have made impressive progress and with the good news that you have the internet explorer quieted down, I would suggest you consider some upgrades if everyone reading this reply is ok with that?

i think i spoke to soon, just opened internet explorer and guess what ????? yes you guessed right, advertisements.

What upgrades do you consider?

Just ran another Network Analyzer and there are still some red parts. It looks like they cannot be removed, i have tried to remove them twice.

Hi i have attached my new hijack this log. There are still a few red problems that, when i click fix this, wont delete.

I don't know what i am doing so any help would be most appreciated.

Kindest regards x

Forgot to mention, i am still getting CiD advertisements through internet explorer.

Please, please help. I have sat on my computer chair now for two days, i think it is taking over my life a little don't you lol

Has a virus hijacked internet explorer?

I would like to thank the kind soul who tried to help me sort out my problem with CiD advertisements today. Unfortunately the problem has not been fixed. When i browse with aol internet explorer opens up windows with CiD advertisements.

I have followed all the appropriate steps to clear infections to no avail. I am totally at a loss how to proceed.

Please help this lady in distress x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back