TechSpot

Philips DVD Burner SPD2410L1

By AldenMiller
Jun 23, 2007
  1. I read a previous posting, but I don't know how to find the responses to it. Following is nearly a quote from the old one I read.

Hardware in question: Philips SPD2410L1

PHILIPS 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache ATAPI/E-IDE DVD Burner

I have developed a new problem which I previously did not have. Suddenly I'm getting error messages that I never had before.

The philips drive plays dvd's just fine whenever i pop a movie or whatever in there but it doesnt seem to recognize any blank media i think (i dont actually know which is why im posting here) with no cd/dvd in the drive My computer shows it as a DVD-RAM Drive (E: ) and sais please insert a disk into the drive.

Then when i put a blank dvd+r in the drive it changes to just CD Drive (E: ) and sais E:\ is not accessible Incorrect Function.

Is it supposed to change to just CD Drive when i put blank media in there? My last computer had a windows pop up saying Hey you put in a blank media what do you want to do with it and gave options like open with explorer etc. But with this one it doesnt do anything. I have used memorex and philips brand dvd+r's. I have always used DVD+R's in the past.

2nd part. When i try to burn something, it will read the movie to 100% etc but when it goes to write it to the disk it sais "Error Writing Disk". I've used all the various programs before without a problem what so ever. Is there something I'm missing. Can anyone help? Thank you for your time.

Alden

2. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 822

3. AldenMiller

AldenMiller TS Rookie Topic Starter

Sorry, I'm new at this and don't really know what I am doing. Hope I didn't cause anybody any inconvienience. I'm just an old man trying to get some help.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.