TechSpot

Philips seismic edge psc 704 ( XP drivers)?

By ssv01
May 19, 2002
  1. XP drivers for Philips SE PSC 704?

2. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

They don't support XP, Philips replaced the card with the PSC 705 instead. I think if you contact Philips though you can trade it in, not sure on if that's still going on though.

3. cristhian

cristhian TS Rookie

I'VE GOT GOOD NEWS.....

DON'T WORRY:
    Now you can use your sound card seismic edge 704 on windows XP without problems. No more crackling or popping.....

I know PHILIPS won't give us a new driver for this card, but MICROSOFT give a compatibility solution....

If you need information how to install this card correctly, this is the page you need going: http://www.3dss-forums.com/cgi-bin/...7&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=8&vc=1

I followed the steps and believe me... my sound card PSC 704 works very well....... Only you need to know spanish (all the steps are in spanish)....

PHILIPS.... GO TO HELL..

4. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

And in case you don't know spanish, you'll find an (automated) translation here:
    I re-wrote some of it for ease of understanding, as babelfish didn't manage the grammar very well...
    But when I couldn't make sense of it, I didn't change it...

The files he refers to from "here", is on the first page of the thread, which you can reach here

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.