TechSpot

Philips TV Tuner/ Trust Sound Card conflict? Can't get TV audio...

By theo.aku
May 21, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello

I've got a PCI card with a Philips 7134 TV tuner on it which I hadn't bothered reinstalling on my system after a recent Windows reinstall.

Since I last had the TV tuner working I have installed a Trust sound card which runs on C-Media drivers (CMI8738/C3DX).

I just installed the TV tuner but the computer isn't picking up the audio. When I open volume control there should be a TV channel mixer and there is not.

I tried uninstalling both, reinstalling the TV tuner first and then the sound card but no luck.

I have just noticed that the PCI sound card and the PCI TV tuner are sharing the same IRQ (3). There are actually 7 devices on IRQ 3. Could this be something to do with the problem?

Please can someone explain to me why this is happening and what I might be able to try to get it to work.

Thanks very much. Theo

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.