Phishing Virus Attachment?

By Condor
May 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. check this out, my first time ever getting this sort of attachment with the "Delivery Status Notification (failure)"

I get those normally if my message didn't went through, good thing I wasn't sleepy and accidentally click on it. I wonder what happen if i do click on it?

[​IMG]
    the file size is 11k
  2. momok

momok Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,272

Hi,

Use your antivirus software to scan the file. Normally, antivirus software will scan it before the mail is opened. If you are unsure, and the sender is foreign to you, delete immediately. Otherwise, ask the sender if he did send such a file, and if it is safe to open.

Such attachments could very well contain trojans/worms/viruses etc.

Regards,
    Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of Condor only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  3. Condor

Condor TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 461

thanks cute, lovable and friendly momok :)

your wisdom has inspired me to unlock my deeper understanding of trojans/worms/viruses knowledge.

cheers!

your friend
    condor
  4. momok

momok Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,272

You're very much welcome.

Regards,
    momok =)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.