Phone Contract Issues

Ididmyc600

Hi all

Just before the end of September last year my wife decided to get a contract phone from one of the top providers, to make it fair I wont name them, the phone was supposed to be pink with a bluetooth headset, however when it arrived it was blue with no headset, oh well it was a phone and at first appeared to be OK, however after just a few days we realised the phone was faulty.

During the few calls made the signal would fluctuate and the line would drop, this wasnt isolated to one area, where you could blame a faulty cell, this was wherever the phone was used.

Now here's the kicker, my wife works Monday to Friday 9 till 6 as do the online team at the phone provider, she cant use the phone at work ,and she only gets her dinner hour to make any calls, result, nearly 30 calls over 4 days all spent either being put on hold until the phone cut out or just simply trying to get through to someone, who was usually from some foreign call centre and couldnt grasp the idea that she wanted to return the phone.

Well ultimately she managed to get through by going to work late one morning and calling from a land line at home, an RMA number was issued and as it was within 14 days they said there would be no charge as the phone was classed as "not fit for purpose".

The next day the phone was returned using ParcelForce and that we assumed was the end of the story...

Nope, just after Xmas a bill for £90 was received from the phone company, straight away my wife rang, (on her new phone, not from the same provider) to ask why, she was told it was for services on the phone for 8 weeks that she had it until it was disconnected, she told them that the phone had been returned back in september, we then got the usual "we'll look into it and call you back", no more was heard, until we go one of those credit notices from a company demanding payment straight away, and as my wife had given them the house phone number they were ringing daily as well.

Today my wife rang the company for 1 hour before being told they would ring back, they didnt so she rang back and spent nearly another hour on the phone before finally getting cut off.

Enough was enough, I put into practice something I was told a while back, "when your sick of the monkies, go see the Lion" so I did a google on the company and found the chief directors name, and promptly sent an email briefly outlining the situation.

I didnt expect a reply......however within 1 hour of sending the email my phone rang, it was the assistant to the director, he has listened and is now looking into the situation.

I'll let you know......

Hi again

Well its sorted, yep the guy rang me back, and has advised us that all monies that were supposedly owed have now been written off, and that if we get any more hassle to ring him direct.

So 3 cheers for that dude...

Regards

That experience reminds me of a run in I once had with AOL. They charged me for some internet book thingy that I didnt even ask for. They just charged it to my credit card on their own. Took me several hours on the phone with them to get it credited. Glad it all worked out for you!

Back