Phone Interferance

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo_zac

You know when you get a phone call or a text message and you can hear the interferance in your speakers.

You know what I'm talking about....

Is that in anyway bad for your speakers or anything?

And what the hell is with it?

Not really a bad speaker, those are just waves the affect the components in the speakers and it normal, u cant avoid that by fixing in a ceramic non polarized capacitor, at the power supply output. but i don't guarantee that coz if its analog, it may need it a fully designed circuit.
Otherwise, don't waste time on that.Just keep yo phone away.
Wish u luck

Robin

This is usually caused by a bad or cheap telephone not provided by your phone company.
There are various filters available at your electronics store and online, that will filter out the phone interference for about $4.95. Talk to your phone company about the devices many phone companies install. Unfortunately, they charge a service visit of $45 for home and $99 for the visit even though the hardware is free... but they will often tell you what to do by calling their support or hardware office.
If you are using a cheap store bought telephone, toss it out, and get a decent phone. Or keep the phone further away from your computer or wiring.

I think skitzo may be talking about the interference from his cell phone. My desktop PC's do the same thing when my cell is near them sometimes. And I have a RAZR cell. Simple fix as Robin said, keep my cell at least 20 feet from the PC speakers.

Same answer. Shield the phone, shield the computer case, or keep the phone a greater distance away... usually more than 18 feet.

Yeah I was talking about mobile(cell) phone interferance. So its not like bad? I was just wondering. Cos I have been wodering for like ever since I have had a mobile phone and it interferes with tv's and CRT monitors to.

skitzo, I am failry sure it doesn't hurt anything. Just a minor annoyance at best. Although my computer is the only thing that picks up the interference.

Yeh.. mobile phones do that a lot.. its especialy funny when one goes off at a concert.. hehe.. although when recording.. not so funny.. damn unshielded cables..

Thats another thing - unsheilded cables.. they pick up radio waves like nothing.. especialy from the phones..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back