Photo scanning problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewolfe

Photo scanning problem

I have a Scanjet 3400 running on Win XP and WinMe and want to scan some family pics to upload to the internet.

When I scan a pic the scanner scans the scanner bed plus the pic so the file is huge.

Is there a way to just scan the pic or do I have to crop. If crop is the answer then what program can I use to crop.

If it's "Paint", one pic is to large to fit in the "Paint" window and won't allow me to drag the "crop" cursor past what I can view.

Got to be an easier way to do this.

There is no need to crop, your scanning software should have an option to select the area you want to scan, do a preview scan first, then select the area you wish to scan by holding down the left mouse button and drag, a box should appear around that area, if not you may have to enable this option which is normally called freehand although it could be under a different name with your software, do another preview scan and adjust the box untill the preview scan is how you want it then do a full scan, this is how it is with my scanner, and most use the same sort of options and methods, hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back