Photogallery autoload?! error

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheeler47

often, when i open files/applications that have to do with video and/or photos i get another application that tries to open that has to do with "photogallery". it tries and fails ten or fifteen times and won't quit until i "end task", then it says error can't find c:\hp\tmp\src\setup\PhotoGallery\..... what can i do to get rid of this issue???

thnx

File association error

You can right click on the picture and select "open with" and browse to the program that you would like the picture file to open with all the time.
Then tick the box that says always use this program.

PhotoGallery seems to be corrupt, you may wish to re-install it (from CD?) or if possible fully remove it from Add/Remove programs.

I use Faststone image viewer to view all my pics, download Here

i checked add/remove listings and photogallery is not listed anywhere. i don't remember installing anything called "photogallery". does anyone know what program this is part of???
when i ran a search for "photogallery" one of the only odd looking files was:
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\{3E386744-10FA-44b2-98C9-DF7A270DECB3}

this is what the error states:

Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product PhotoGallery. The Windows Installer cannot continue.
=== Logging stopped: 1/15/2008 14:29:27 ===
Edit/Delete Message

thanks for the help so far...

this is what the error states:

Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product PhotoGallery. The Windows Installer cannot continue.
=== Logging stopped: 1/15/2008 14:29:27 ===

Hi,

Just to add to what kimsland said,I found the following,from HERE -

1. Insert the HP CD.

Cancel any installation screen that pops up.

2. Go to My Computer folder. Right click on the CD drive (For Example: D: or E)

3. Choose "Explore".

4. Under the CD contents search for the Setup folder.

5. Under setup folder you will find the Photogallery folder. Open the photogallery folder.

6. Right-click on the "photogallery.msi" file and click on repair.

7.If you want to reinstall it,right-click again and click on install,

It's part of your HP Printer install CD

You can fully remove the HP Printer software from Add/remove and then re-install

You may be able to just re-install the HP CD and go through all the installs

edit:

I see Po`Girl posted when I still had my reply open
At least Windows starts here :)

installer problem

Well, i'm still having problems but a little different now. i tried all the things you suggested, however, i couldn't get them to work. i finally gave up and uninstalled the hp deskjet 5440 and anything else hp photo related.
this " seemed" to do the trick. then all of a sudden instead of "photogallery" not being found, the installer is having trouble finding "sonic" ( a burning application, that is installed and working fine!!!). windows installer is beginning to look like a major problem on my system. it keeps trying to find sonic, can't find it and starts to back out, tries again and again in an never ending loop. the only way to stop it is to go to the task manager and end task. any suggestions would be appreciated, and also, what do you think about just loading the driver from hp download site to get the driver back so i can use my printer???? thnx:confused: :(

In regards to the printer, yes just load the driver again (actually I usually only load the driver, and leave all the other junk off, including all the popups).

Sonic - now you know we can fix this.
But
It may be easier for you to do the same as the printer Un-install / Re-install (but this one in full)

installer problem

i didn't re-install the printer this last time. the first time i un/reinstalled the problem remained. "photogallery" trying to load/install.... do you think sonic is the problem and not windows installer? i don't think i uninstalled sonic...

Ok the printer software came with "photogallery", so lets just call it HP

To solve the problem you have un-installed HP software
And you will re-install HP software - hopefully driver only.

Next

Sonic is now comming up with errors (a seperate program to HP)
I suggest to Un-install Sonic fully, and then Re-Install again

This will enable all links to Sonic to work again.

-------------------------
Do those two things, and then we will see if there are anymore issues after that !

I'm also having that problem. would it work if someone with a hp pravilion with media center running xp can send me those files.c:\hp\tmp\src\setup\photogallery\ and i could just drag them into the hp file.

I'm also having that problem. would it work if someone with a hp pravilion with media center running xp can send me those files.c:\hp\tmp\src\setup\photogallery\ and i could just drag them into the hp file. i must have deleted those file some how. i can no longer burn movies to dvds with media center and i can't sinc music to my mp3 player using windows media player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back