Photoshop Graphics Card Problem

Hi all, sorry to bother you. I have the latest Photoshop CC with 3D and the new flame filter, however when I try to use it won't let me check OpenCL - It's grayed out and I can't work out why. I have an Intel HD 4000 card which, to my knowledge, should support the extra PS features. I tried to check for updates but the message I received stated that 'A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer' basically, I can't run Intels own driver updates. I have an ACER Aspire ES1-512-C50S running 64bit Windows 8.1 and so far as I can tell, everything is up to date.

Can anyone tell, from the information I've provided, what the problem may be? Thank you very much and sorry I'm not very tech savvy!

Hi, I tried to check for more info about the graphics chip in your pc, but the Acer site just quotes it's by Intel, so would be useful to know, did you try to get any graphic card driver updates through 'Device manager'?
Without knowing any details, it's possible the graphics chip has an OpenCL driver already, but not of the level that your Photoshop software needs to run certain options.
It might help to get more info about your graphics chip by using something such as; GPU-Z, a small program that will tell you much more than the user manual would.
I have had good results looking for drivers over many years by using the free program called 'Drivereasy' which does all the searching for you. Only problem with it is, that if you choose to download the driver through it, it will take a very long time, as the download speed is slow, to encourage you to buy the 'paid for' version. But you will get some useful information from Drivereasy about driver versions and if a new version is available.

Hi (again) The reply above (Guest) is me, I forgot to sign in. Hope the reply makes some sense.

Back