Photoshop manual install

Hi,

I just bought a copy of photoshop and It wont install on my pc. I have been told it should install if I do it manualy but I don't know how to do that. Can someone one give me very very simple instructions on how to do that please? Please just one more thing, I'm not very thecnicaly minded and don't know a whole lot about computers so please keep it ***** proof if possible.

Hi dogboy
Have got enough memory required by Photoshop or it will refuse to install so check what MB of memory it requires and check what you have because the first thing Photoshop does is check your computer for disk space and memory.

Could you tell us which version of Photoshop you have, (PS-CS-4 or 5, or, Photoshop Elements + version number).

Also, since you just "bought" this, the system requirements are written on the back, (or side), of the box.

Could you tell us which version of Photoshop you have, (PS-CS-4 or 5, or, Photoshop Elements + version number).

Also, since you just "bought" this, the system requirements are written on the side of the box.

Its CS-4. Unfortunately I don't have the box. I have so many program disks plus other cd's and dvd's for the computer that I find it easier to take them out of the box and store them in a large box. That takes up less shelf space which is tight at the best of times.

I just did a google search and found the system requirements and my system is as follows:-

2.8 Ghz processor, I have windows XP service pack 3 with about 20+gig hd space left. I'm not sure about my video card but I think its 32-bit, but I dont have quick time.

I googled for photoshop cs4 system requirments. I didn't post what I found on here incase I'm not allowed to.

Open the disc with Windows Explorer. (Autoplay should be turned off). Then double click "Autorun.exe". Turn off your Anti-virus, and close all other applications beforehand.

I think that "Quick Time" is included on the disc. PS will install everything to make itself work.

As to color bit depth in XP, right click the desktop, > "Properties", > "Settings". The "Settings" panel will show you what your color depth ( # of bits) is.

Back