Physical dump memory, comp crash, format install windows not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help here.

I have encounter the error when I use AVG7.1 free version to scan.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071206-02.dmp.

I run memtest86 and the results are:

with dual RAM, there are tons of errors under test 8.
with individual each RAM, no errors

each set of test is done at 2 passes.

Note:

1) I have AVG 7.1 free and norton systemwork 2002 installed in my com
2) I am running xp service pack 1. I can't run xp service pack 2. whenever I installed xp service pack 2, my com will automatically restart when it enter windows.
3) Tried formatting and reinstalling windows doesn't help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread. This will save any confusion.

I find multiple culprits in your minidumps.

You are running two antivirus programmes. AVG and Symantec/Norton. This is not a good idea, because it can cause conflicts. You should uninstall Symantec/Norton and see if your computer becomes more stable.

I also find the the footprint of Zonealarm. Again, this may be a conflict with Symantec/Norton.

If after uninstalling your Symantec/Norton security product you still have problems, please attach more minidumps.

As for your ram errors on test 8 with both sticks, this might be caused by a ram incompatibility issue, or possible a ram timing issue.

Make sure your ram isn`t overclocked in any way.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

fastco said:
Hi,
avg is causing one of you problems. Just uninstall the program and reinstall and that should help with that issue.
The other problem is a corrupt windows file ntfs.sys. Follow the instructions here to fix it:

http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_rectify_a_missing_or_co.htm

Hiya mate.

I believe the only reason AVG is referenced in eva2002`s minidumps is due to the fact he`s running more than one antivirus programme. This is known to cause driver conflicts and may be solved by uninstalling his Symantec/Norton software. As we know, Symantec/Norton crapware is a real resource hog and can cause lots of problems on it own, let alone when used with another antivirus programme.

While eva2002 is running multiple antivirus programmes it isn`t really possible to say with any certainty whether this is his only problem. Hence the need to get rid of Symantec/Norton so we can rule out any software conflicts.

Regards Howard :)

hmm...thx for the info. ok I will uninstall norton and leave zonealarm and avg as it is.

it seems to me that ntfs.sys might also cause the problem because when I install windows (at the part where u have to insert your cd key and stuff), I got blue screen and before it restart, I seem to catch a glimpse which show ntfs.sys

will try to fix the problem and see how.

btw, I am not good with RAM :p

my com info

DFI Lan Party UT nF4 Ultra-D
Patriot 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz cl2-3-25

it stated in the manual book of my mainbroad that it supports pc3200 (DDR400) DDR

is there a way to check if my RAM is compatible? timing issues?

I don't think my ram is overclocked. Haven't touch any tweak at all :p

seems like my windows is back to normal again :D

hope this is the end of my blue screen problem.

I have also checked it out that there are some issues with memtest test 8 and/or 5 with athlon board. guess its the timing issues that is cuasing it to fail.

Thanks to Howard and fastco for ur help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back