Physicist says energy teleportation possible

Archean

A series of entangled particles could exist in an endless amount of space, theoretically stretching from one end of the universe to the other. An energy change could be induced in the first particle, making each of the other particles change simultaneously. The energy could be extracted from the last particle in the chain, theoretically at the speed of light, and no energy will have been consumed in the transfer.

I read somewhere that matter replicators (like in Star Trek) could easily become reality in the future. Once scientists learn how to manipulate atoms, It should be common place after that.

Whole new sciences will erupt in the future with stuff like this. We'll probably all be dead and gone by then though.

Even at the speed of light, we'll all be quite dead by the time a particle thread is strung from here to the next galaxy, let alone "across the universe". Hey, that's a Beatles' song and a movie, isn't it?

Even at the speed of light, we'll all be quite dead by the time a particle thread is strung from here to the next galaxy, let alone "across the universe".

Spot on, I thought of it, but then I deducted from what they (probably) meant that even if this technology do see the light of the day, we'll only be needing it on the earth, so the speed of light may not be the barrier as it will be from the other side of universe.

Spot on, I thought of it, but then I deducted from what they (probably) meant that even if this technology do see the light of the day, we'll only be needing it on the earth, so the speed of light may not be the barrier as it will be from the other side of universe.
Hey, if they can't get this to work, maybe they'll ramp their goals down a bit, and invent television.

There is just one little problem with inventing television (again), I've seen Chinese cellphones selling for about 100$ with ...... guess what ....... in-built television receivers.

Back