Picking a cable modem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to replace an old modem with a DOCSIS 2 unit. I have been having a terrible time finding any actual and timely technical reviews. About the only thing I have found that is interesting is that the Motorola has a less useful management page.

Anyone know where I can get good tech information to select a unit? Even just Linksys and D-Link would help. Not interested in wireless. Just broadband cable to Ethernet.

Thanks, but that is one of the places I searched. Could not find anything. Particularly within a few years of present day.

Let me look in my magazine. Saw a review there. I'll post some really good modems with prices.

Thanks for your effort but I don't believe I have explained my needs sufficiently. A DOCSIS modem is used to attach to a broadband RF cable system used by companies like Comcast to deliver cable TV, Internet, and phone. Intrinsic download speeds are in the 40 Mbps range. They have an Ethernet output to your local net/computer. Sometimes USB.

be advised; your ISP can restrict you to their list of approved modems and
you will need them to enable service to your new device (you provide the MAC address).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back