Picking a card for Mass Effect low budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

fetfreak

Ok I want to fresh up my pc so I could play mass effect.
I have 3.0ghz pentium 4
1 gb ddr2 ram will buy more
and my current card doesn't support pixel shader 3.
Now my mother board needs AGP so I went to local pc shop and there are only two agp cards they have in stock

MSI GeForce 7600GT 256mb ddr2 128bit
and
XFX GeForce 7600GS 512mb ddr2

so what do you guys think what’s better for mass effect and other current games.
I think both cards pixel shader 3.0 but I'm not 100% sure.

I know that even with new card mass effect probably won't run smoothly but I'm willing to play it on lower settings.

help me out.

I know you mentioned low budget, but buying anything less than an 8 series nvidia or 4000 series ati is really a waste of cash.

I suggest a new motherboard, cpu and modern gpu.
If you install a 7 series now, you MIGHT be able to play Mass Effect, but what about 6 months from now? Are you willing to pay every 6 months to play a game that comes out or do it right and have a decent system for 1.5 years?

Good luck, if you need help putting together parts, pm me, id be glad to help.

Yours in Gaming Plasma,
Star*Dagger

I know you mentioned low budget, but buying anything less than an 8 series nvidia or 4000 series ati is really a waste of cash.

I suggest a new motherboard, cpu and modern gpu.
If you install a 7 series now, you MIGHT be able to play Mass Effect, but what about 6 months from now? Are you willing to pay every 6 months to play a game that comes out or do it right and have a decent system for 1.5 years?

Good luck, if you need help putting together parts, pm me, id be glad to help.

Yours in Gaming Plasma,
Star*Dagger

Yeah I know what you are talking about. I guess it's better to wait and gather money. I'll think it thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back