Pilot takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge to new heights

Shawn Knight

Staff member

You've no doubt heard about the latest viral sensation sweeping the nation, the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. Unlike other fads, this one is actually raising a ton of money for a good cause (and we get to see some pretty insane videos to boot).

This particular clip involves a pilot named Bruce Bohannon taking the challenge... inside his plane!

Feel free to share your favorite Ice Bucket Challenge video with us in the comments section below.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Clicking the link it shows the video till I clicked to watch it then it said an error playing the video & nothing happened.

Is anyone else getting annoyed with the ice bucket challenge? Also, Shawn, this isn't news. Techspot isn't your personal blog.
hyU8ohq.jpg

I also think this "challenge" is becoming a bit much.
There bigger killers out there that could use the funding more.
At least it will make youtubers and actors more popular.

Is anyone else getting annoyed with the ice bucket challenge? Also, Shawn, this isn't news. Techspot isn't your personal blog.
hyU8ohq.jpg
I for one am not annoyed by the many videos I've seen. IMO it simply shows creativity while giving to a worthy cause. :)

hyU8ohq.jpg
Wow that annoys me... thanks for posting that. This is kind of shocking.

Last edited:
This is pure BS.
Really? The decision to donate and where to donate is a choice of the individual or institution. Don't like it? You can't always have what you want and it's not up to you anyway. You are free to donate to the "right" cause but are you really presuming to tell me to which cause I should be donating?

Really? The decision to donate and where to donate is a choice of the individual or institution. Don't like it? You can't always have what you want and it's not up to you anyway. You are free to donate to the "right" cause but are you really presuming to tell me to which cause I should be donating?
True, true. I didn't really mean it in that way. I was just kind of shocked that the cause with the lowest deaths is getting the most donations. Wrong choice of words I guess.

Why certainly it is the individuals decision to donate where ever they please. However, that doesn't stop the individual from being a complete *****. Instead of thinking about it in terms of deaths, think about it in terms of which is most likely to kill you. That might change your tune in where you decide to donate your money.

EDIT:
Really guys, l diot is censored?

IMO, how many money you can raised/collected from people it's not depends on how many deaths caused by it, but determined by how good the PR itself..

Why certainly it is the individuals decision to donate where ever they please. However, that doesn't stop the individual from being a complete *****. Instead of thinking about it in terms of deaths, think about it in terms of which is most likely to kill you. That might change your tune in where you decide to donate your money.

EDIT:
Really guys, l diot is censored?

Whether it's annoying to you or others, it's still brilliant marketing that went viral. If the Susan G Komen foundation had done something similar, would you still find it annoying? Or purely genius marketing. If you are annoyed then don't watch it nor read it, simple as that. Nobody is FORCING you, just don't clink on the link.

It's not as simple as that. There are a myriad of reasons to donate to various charities. It's not just numbers and it's not always what is most likely to kill me (or you).

I have a good friend whose husband has ALS so if I choose to donate to this cause even if it's unlikely I will ever come down with it, who are you to judge me?

Donating to an Orphanage, IMO, is more worthy. 5,,600 Americans have ALS. The US can deficit spend again and print this chump change.

Whether it's annoying to you or others, it's still brilliant marketing that went viral. If the Susan G Komen foundation had done something similar, would you still find it annoying? Or purely genius marketing. If you are annoyed then don't watch it nor read it, simple as that. Nobody is FORCING you, just don't clink on the link.
It's not as simple as that. There are a myriad of reasons to donate to various charities. It's not just numbers and it's not always what is most likely to kill me (or you).

I have a good friend whose husband has ALS so if I choose to donate to this cause even if it's unlikely I will ever come down with it, who are you to judge me?
Great points. I was just so fixated on the numbers that I wasn't taking it from a moral standpoint. @mailpup I wish him the best man.

..the way I read that chart is: Because people donates mostly to breast cancer, that's why the deaths caused by breast cancer can be keep at relatively small margin compared to others

The ALSA has received a huge influx of donations, I've seen different numbers reported so I'm not sure who's correct but they sure have now received way more than they can actually put to immediate use. When I did my ice bucket challenge a week ago, I did mention that donating to ALS was a good cause but also asked people to consider other worthy causes and challenged people to diversity their donations. So I suggested that they do their research to ensure they donate to a charitable organization that actually delivers funds to the needy and made my recommendations to sponsor a child with Gospel for Asia www.gfa.ca or World Vision www.worldvision.ca (these are the Canadian websites) www.gospelforasia.com and www.worldvision.org for USA. Over 80% of the world population lives on less than $10 a day, think about that. We have so much in North America, many of us have an abundant collection of material goods we don't need or even use when most of the world struggles for basic need like drinking water, food, clothes and shelter. We're all free to chose a charity of our choice, but let's chose SOMETHING!

The ALSA has received a huge influx of donations, I've seen different numbers reported so I'm not sure who's correct but they sure have now received way more than they can actually put to immediate use. When I did my ice bucket challenge a week ago, I did mention that donating to ALS was a good cause but also asked people to consider other worthy causes and challenged people to diversity their donations. So I suggested that they do their research to ensure they donate to a charitable organization that actually delivers funds to the needy and made my recommendations to sponsor a child with Gospel for Asia www.gfa.ca or World Vision www.worldvision.ca (these are the Canadian websites) www.gospelforasia.com and www.worldvision.org for USA. Over 80% of the world population lives on less than $10 a day, think about that. We have so much in North America, many of us have an abundant collection of material goods we don't need or even use when most of the world struggles for basic need like drinking water, food, clothes and shelter. We're all free to chose a charity of our choice, but let's chose SOMETHING!
Well said.

Back