Ping is fluctuating badly

I have done "Ping 8.8.8.8 -t" command and I see my ping fluctuating pretty badly. In-games such as LoL, CS:GO, Dirty Bomb, Dota 2 I get over 300ms.

I don't know the reason this is happening. I reinstalled windows recently due to a bug so I have next to nothing on my computer but a few steam games and ccleaner/malwarebytes.

I have consulted my ISP and I am in tier 3 support which they are configuring settings(they say). This has only just recently happened(Friday), could of my ISPs network team configured something wrong on Friday? Also my download speed normally is around 40mbps and my upload around 19mbps but this weekend my download has been 0.4-5mbps and my upload has been 0.3-1.6mbps. with my ping being 40-60ping on the speedtest.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• part 1.PNG
    part 1.PNG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1
  • part 2.PNG
    part 2.PNG
    60.9 KB · Views: 1
  • part 3.PNG
    part 3.PNG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1
Could be many things.
Hardware: adapter, cable, router, modem, their cable, the local loop, the repeater, their server, etc.
Software: malware of many varieties, driver, whatever program(s) you are running with ping, etc.

Your best bet is to make sure your system is clean of all malware, and fully up to date for OS and drivers.
Check all your connections to be sure they are clean and tight.
If you have a second system, you might test ping with that as well.
Pingtest.net offers a browser utility for checking line quality.

I had a similar situation a couple of times, once it was squirrels storing nuts in the connection box out on the pole, another was a leak in the repeater (line quality dropped when ever it rained), and again, a flaky modem.

Run tests on your stuff, work with ISP and KEEP NOTES.

Last edited:
Back