Pink tinged display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcgamer808

I bought an nVidia 8800GTS and it comes with two slots for a monitor. The first slot I put the monitor into had a pink tinge all across the monitor. It looked weird. When I switched to the other slot, it was fine.

Is this bad? I mean is my card damaged? Was that second slot supposed to be discolored?

I'm installing LOTRO now to see if it can run on this card... hopefully it isn't damaged.

Already updated drivers and stuff.

Well I'm thinking that because one of the DVI out slots applied a heavy pink hue to everything that was displayed, the card itself may be damaged and may not be operating at 100% (or maybe that something else is wrong with it).

Of course the other DVI out slot is displaying just fine, but I still can't run LOTRO at all maxed out settings (which a 7950 can do easily). Keep in mind i have an 8800GTS, AMD 64 X2 6000+ WINDSOR 3.0GHz with 2GB DDR2 800MHz, 4-4-4-4-15-1T RAM.

Since one of the connectors works just fine, it sounds like the other connector is bad but since you can't replace just the connector you would have to RMA the whole thing.

Hmm.. Ok then. I don't plan to use that other output slot at all at the moment. As long as that slot being damaged doesn't hurt my gaming, then I should be fine.

Thanks, that's a good point. I'll see if the warrantee still holds if I cut out the UPC and sent it in for a rebate (stupid move, I know, especially since I didn't know if everything worked 100% yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back