TechSpot

PIPEX internet problem or NETGEAR router?????

By pcrepairs247
Dec 18, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok this is a long one

I have just left tiscali internet beacuse i was gettin low speeds from them (2meg conenction gettin less than half a meg) so i have changed to pipex. The first day pipex is installed it was a dream come true, i was getting 5meg+ speeds.

Ok so this is were things go bad, i know when you get a new isp you wait 10 days coz they test your line for speeds n stuff. so i let them do so. speeds only effected now & then. its now some 17 days later and speed test results are coming in at 227kb, which means i can download at 80 k or summit.(horrific) so i ring pipex and they start telling me the usual crap about check ur pc for viruses n stuff. so that was no use. I go into my router settings and it says my line can take speeds of 5880k and upload of 448k. so it says my line is fine.

i then change my router to phillips router, connects to net fine, however the line drops every 20 seconds or so. meaning i cant stay connected long enough to do a speed test.

I am not stuck and dont really know what to do.

I am on pipex 8meg unlimited deal.

realistlcy am gettin less than half a meg sometimes deal lol

IS there any one out ther who can help me out. I dotn really know how this can be helped. has any oen had any previous problems with pipex.

I have had a BT engineer out and he said my line is fine. done all kinds of tests.

thanks for reading guys
  2. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 540

Did you try disconnecting your router and running directly through the modem by itself?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.