Place to buy a new laptop?

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so I don't know if this thread is in the right place.

But I'm looking for a WiFi-enabled laptop capable of running high-demand games like Guild Wars and such, and being a musician I'm on a rather tight budget.

So what can you all suggest? I live in the UK. Alienware.com was the first place I looked, found a laptop I wanted for a good price (£450) And then found they don't ship to the UK...

But any suggestions are welcome. Something around 2Ghz processor, 512MB ram, high-quality graphics card, WiFi, CD-RW. What's the cheapest I'm going to be able to get this at and where?

Thanks all,

~~

No laptop is going to play any high-demand games of today, espacially not with that CPU and RAM. You may be able to play high-demand games from two years ago without turning all the settings to the minimum.

Also, I wouldn't recommend the cheapest unless you plan on using that thing for only a couple of years.

Asus makes very nice laptops, but are a bit over your budget, perhaps safe for a few more weeks and then buy something half descent.

Regards,

Korrupt

Thanks all for your replies. The highest-demand game I'm looking at running is actually Guild Wars, after looking through the rest of my games they're all either RPGs (diablo) or RTS (Battlecry, etc).

Looking at the recommended specs of that game, the only part I'm worried about would be the graphics card. I plan to upgrade to a gig of RAM soon after I buy, if the laptop comes with 512MB.

I am going to save for a while longer, so my budget is likely to be around £600-£700 by the time I buy. I have also been recommended against a laptop using a P4 or similar desktop PC processor, as they apparently burn laptops out rather before their time.

~~

avoid anything tech from walmart. You get what you pay for plus you're supporting communist china at the expense of American jobs.

Back