Planning to Upgrade my ASUS P4GE-MX... help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an ASUS P4GE-MX motherboard.. look at the picture, i used SIW to scan my motherboard..

mymotherboardfs5.jpg

My question is, i want to upgrade it to a motherboard that supports AGP 8x speed and supports PC400 DDR memory.. I already got a ATI Radeon 9550 Extreme Edition Video Card, a creative soundcard, a 512mb pc333 ddr, a lg dvd-r/w burner, etc.. I want to upgrade a motherboard wherein i wont buy a new processor and i could just place the parts that i already have in P4Ge-MX.. my CPU is "Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz".. Could i place a 512mb pc333 ddr on a motherboard that supports pc400 ddr memory? or vice versa? Help me, give me a motherboard model that is agp 8x and it could support the parts that i already have so all that i have to buy is just a new motherboard.. tnx..

By the way, here is a list of some socket 478 motherboards, what do you think that fits my needs?

Socket 478 Motherboards

tnx

And if upgrading motherboards, do i have to reinstall windows xp on my hard drive? what should i do when i upgrade motherboards? because there might be drivers and stuff right? like uninstallations and such.. tnx..

14/15 times, I would say that yes, indeed you have to reformat the hard drive and start fresh. After all, your version of Windows has been customly tailored to the old motherboard and cpu.

cfitzarl said:
14/15 times, I would say that yes, indeed you have to reformat the hard drive and start fresh. After all, your version of Windows has been customly tailored to the old motherboard and cpu.

Especially if its an OEM system/disk.

Although I did hear somewhere that you can do something with the cmos that solves this...

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back