Plastc all-in-one supercard makes Coin look very dated

By Shawn Knight
Oct 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. NFC-based payments may be the future but let's face it, not everyone is ready to get rid of the plastic in their wallets. Cutting down on the number of cards that result in bulky wallets, however, may be a bit...

Read more
  2. seefizzle

seefizzle TS Addict Posts: 269   +138

This is a step in the right direction for sure. This card is many times more secure than anything in your wallet currently. It's also not too ambitious in it's scope. The only part that kills me is the though of having to charge a credit card. Thirty day battery life? How about no. I charge enough gadgets. I don't need to charge a credit card. I would early adopt this card and test it out though.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Isn't it strange that in ad's and promo videos like these everybody, even the extras are walking around with big 360 degree smiles on their faces and everything seems so perfect but in real life nothing could be further from the truth.
    Littleczr likes this.
  4. MeladT

MeladT TS Rookie Posts: 22   +7

I know the videos aren't always a true representation of real life and they add in the CGI to make the card cooler but this just looks so fake to me, it is possible in theory - however it just looks like a big scam to me. They charge you now and you wait until Summer next year to find out it isn't real......then what? Nothing.
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

6. TheLastPanda

TheLastPanda TS Member Posts: 78   +10

They said wireless charging so if your phone could beam it some juice you would never need to worry about it. But I agree, it could be a total wash you had to take it out and charge it at home

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 905   +240

Cool tech but it's wireless... anything with wireless can be hacked.
  8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Just like me. ;)
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  10. SilverSurf PC

SilverSurf PC TS Rookie

I never trust an advert where the small print is tiny. There's plenty of space to include the conditions in normal sized text - if it's important then we need to be able to read it.