Playback problems Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt-man

I am having major issues with the playback of DVD's on my LITEON 1632 DVD-RW this is the only drive in my system and is running off of the Second IDE slot.
When i play a film i have delayed or no sound, and the picture freezes constantly.
I have altered the DMA settings to no avail and have even uninstalled the network adapter and let windows re install them to try and rectify the problem but this is still causing me a problem. Settings keep defaulting back to PIO mode after playback and i get a yellow triangle message stating transfer mode downgraded this usually happens after using power DVD v.5. I have changed IDE cables incase that was the problem but it is still happening
Can anyone please shed some light as its driving me mad!!

Don't use Windows media player if u are...try Intervideo Win DVD...I had the same problem and it helped...otherwise it could be ur vid card

I have downloaded all up to date drivers for my graphics card i am using an ATI 9800 pro 128mb, and still having the same issues, the strange thing is it plays better when i do use Windows media player but still not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back