PlayStation 4 camera peripheral will support voice commands

By Shawn Knight
Sep 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Sony has confirmed the PlayStation 4 will feature voice command capabilities via its PlayStation Camera peripheral. Word of the feature first came down at Sony’s presentation during the GameStop Expo 2013 and has since been confirmed to Polygon by a...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,108   +728

I find always listening voice commands kind of creepy.
  3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Good thing this is an optional accessory.
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,487   +73

Voice commands really cool tech been around since the late 70's but we're getting there though. I use more than ever now. Even in my SUV for all sorts of things. Console games shouldn't be any different. $399 for the PS4 ouch.. PS3 prices are dropping too. I only need to play one game that's it. Otherwise I would have to go to boomers park to play it not cheap game.
  5. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 783   +85

Lol, I remember hearing a lot of "voice commands" back when I played call of duty
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,203   +519

I wonder if it'll understand the command "trade yourself in for a XB1".
  7. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Booster Posts: 991   +82

it will just laugh at you and post the video on youtube for others to laugh at you too ^_^
    Burty117 likes this.
  8. XENRIX

XENRIX Newcomer, in training

Haha, Kinect?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.