TechSpot

PlayStation 4 was the best selling next-gen console in November according to NPD

By Justin Kahn
Dec 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. While we have already heard from both Sony and Microsoft when it comes to sales numbers of the two new gaming consoles, now official sales tracking firm NPD is ready to sound off on November's numbers.

Read more

2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930   +247

I hope the Xbox1 has multiple launch breaking issues that ruin its image forever. Go PS4, kick its @ss.

3. Scavengers

Scavengers TS Enthusiast Posts: 101   +16

WARNING WILL ROBINSON!!!

It looks like this thread may over populate with 12 year olds.

Dave

4. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,600   +629

Not all that surprising. E3 was a big PR gainer for Sony (and a disaster for MS), but there are too many people who are brand loyal to give either system a strong leg up in the short-run. I'll be more interested to hear who is leading mid-life cycle. As it stands now, with both systems lacking a solid available library, the sales figures are just that: sales figures.

5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,600   +629

"My system can beat up your system!"

"Nu-uh, my system works for a big corporation!"

"So does mine!"

Ah, childhood.

BlueDrake and 9Nails like this.
  6. penn919

penn919 TS Enthusiast Posts: 160   +12

That sort of thing doesn't tend to happen on TechSpot articles. It's the main reason I visit here.

davislane1 and ghasmanjr like this.
  7. Scavengers

Scavengers TS Enthusiast Posts: 101   +16

Anyway.

My thoughts are that given the poor reputation the XB1 has due to inexplicable Microsoft plans originally (paying to play used game and making sure that there aren't "to many people" watching a movie" and pricing mostly due to forcing Kinect on everyone, the One will lag behind once the smoke clears and all consoles are readily available.

I am primarily a PC gamer (We get one console per generation) but I have played both and they really are excellent machines.
    In fact for me, Zombie U on the Wii U is the most fun new gen game I have played so far.

Next year when all are at least a year old we will pick one.

Dave

8. penn919

penn919 TS Enthusiast Posts: 160   +12

Also, I think people are forgetting that Xbox one is a hundred bucks more. It's no surprise that it isn't selling quite as well as the PS4. In fact, it's numbers are still impressive given the price premium.

9. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 560   +150

How.. childish. Why can't "gamers" just be happy with what they have?

10. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930   +247

I know. :p

11. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 620   +97

He probably gets beat up by his older sister everyday so he has to rebel some how :p

GhostRyder and m4a4 like this.

12. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,724   +63

Well the ps4 came out sooner in nov. I read a article on yahoo that says they are currently tied. Xbox1 made some real bad prelaunch policies that they turned around. I hate xbox1 for the bs they tried to pull. But my gf bought one anyways cause she likes xbox, thats it lol. The xbox1 gives you a kinect thats why its 100$ more.

Dead rising 3 is pretty damn cool but I looked and it already has a 30$ dlc available.... I already spent 60$ on the damn game.

13. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 977   +99

so that they can really control the console market? You mean just like AMD/Intel market? The more competitors, the better.

14. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,979   +391

The only reasons I got an xbox 360 instead of a PS3 were halo, party chat, and price.

Now the PS4 is cheaper, has party chat, and halo sucks, and Destiny is primarily promoted for PS4 (spending most time with that?) so im pretty sure im going with a PS4.

15. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 692   +48

The only reason PS4 hasn't sold double, or even triple the xbox one is due to supply limitations. I'm not surprised their matched sales wise considering both are manufactured by Foxconn, there is only so many they can really make. I can't even find a PS4 for myself so I awaiting probably like many others. Im more a PC gamer anyway.

16. Sweed007

Sweed007 TS Rookie

Wow. Not to ruin your guys party in here but. The xbone has out sold the ps4 every single day since its release. The ps4 only sold more in nov as it came out a good week sooner.
    xbone 1 outsold the ps4 two to one on black friday. Even the xbox 360 outsold the ps4 on black friday.

long live both systems (for the competition)....but this story is terribly misleading.

17. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,979   +391

I don't feel like explaining it so ill just wait for someone else to point out the couple of flaws in your logic.

18. Sweed007

Sweed007 TS Rookie

sweet baby jesus I can't wait!!!!

19. Surely the Good Lord has nothing to do with a bunch of overpriced consoles - never mind the "yawn fest" of games available ;-)

20. Sweed007

Sweed007 TS Rookie

lol...true that

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.