TechSpot

PlayStation owners will be able to play Far Cry 4 with friends who don't own the game

By Justin Kahn
Jun 10, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. A few weeks before this year's E3 kicked off we caught a quick glimpse of Far Cry 4's cover art, followed by a decent chunk of gameplay footage courtesy of yesterday's press events.

Read more

2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,549   +852

This seems too good to be true in the manner in which it is being described by sony/ubisoft. Theres gotta be some serious limitations.

Jad Chaar likes this.
  3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Yeah no doubt about it.

4. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,648   +520

Well it does already impose limitations in the nature of the sharing system, you would only be sharing with one person at a time when you are playing. The friend being shared the game wouldn't be able to play without the game copy owner. I don't see the complication or other limitation. In fact it is a rather ingenious idea and should have been thought of long ago as a way to push coop campaigns in games.

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

A great idea, but the implementation will be interesting. I'm sure the maps made available will be fairly minimal to this type of co-op. Almost like a game trial (which no one does anymore).

6. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,214   +1,240

They had to do something, the FC3 multiplayer was woeful. The game was on sale a few months ago for about $10 and I bought 12 copies for an upcoming LAN with friends. We played two matches and bailed on it, the entire multiplayer system was so bad. Just creating and then joining a game was a painful procedure. Then on LAN we couldn’t unlock anything so it got old real quick.