Please advise a backup solution for Windows OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaddybear

I am looking for a decent and fast backup solution. I am leaning toward
Acronis True Image 9.0 . But it's a bit pricey, plus some people say that image backups have their drawbacks. What backup software do you use and recommend. 40 dollars or less, please include URLs.

low-cost backups

I'm just a guy, certainly no expert, but- I used Acronis 8, both for backup disks, and a disk " clone. Don't know about v.9. Nero 6.6 Ultra has a "backitup" function, I have used it, but have not had to access the disks yrt- so? They are at www.nero.com, but the software is ubiquitous. Can be found online from $19.95 up, and it comes bundled with many CD, DVD burners, etc. (oops- I found Acrnis 8 at Fry's earlier this year for 39.95, plus a rebate.) Currently, I am participating in a beta of Windows OneCare Live, which has a system "tune-up" and also a file backup section as part of its anti-virus function. I do not know the cost of the distributed program. I am sure there are many others, but these are a few to check out.

witless is bliss

The backup function worked quite well. I had a few problems when I tried the disk "clone,", but their support, though spotty in terms of response time, was pretty good (especially over Labor Day weekend, of all things). As I said, I have no exp with v.9, but I found Acronis8 to be well worth it. Never tried Norton Ghost, which has a good rep, but talk about pricey!

Hi guys!
Actually, I really love Acronis, I've been using this software for a long time, and I've never had any problem with it. So I used True Image 8- very nice and clear program, but recently I upgraded it to TI9. I must say it didn't disappoint me at all, quite the contrary it gladdened me with new features. Very convenient, very fast and it has the highest level compression.
IMHO, it's the best backup solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back