TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Please check my Hijackthis Log

By Son of Sam ยท 5 replies
Jun 26, 2005
  1. few questionable items...

the only things im not too sure of in this log is anything labled firedaemon in O23

"O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: ecure (ecure) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Temp\FireDaemon.EXE (file missing)
    O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: svchost1 (svchost1) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Temp\FireDaemon.EXE (file missing)
    O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: system (system) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Temp\FireDaemon.EXE (file missing)"

i dont want to do anything with them untill i make sure that they're not system critical, which im assuming they're not.

2. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

3. Son of Sam

Son of Sam TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 50

dont mean to sound like a ****, but what'd i do wrong?

its in its own folder and im almost positive its a .txt...i was having some problems with that. it was saving as i .log but i thought i corrected that.

4. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

You missed this:

Please, do NOT post your log in someone else's thread!
    START YOUR OWN THREAD, it's easier for everyone!!

5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Boot in Safe Mode.
    Switch System restore OFF.
    Press Ctrl/Alt/Del simultaneously, select Taskmanager/Processes, select the process (if there), click "End Process" for:

LimeWire.exe
    LiveUpdate.exe

Next, try to UNinstall anything to do with (not delete yet!):
    C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe
    C:\Program Files\AceGain\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate.exe

Next, run a HJT scan and place a tick-mark in the little square before (if still there):
    ...................................................................................................
    C:\Program Files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AceGain LiveUpdate] C:\Program Files\AceGain\LiveUpdate\LiveUpdate.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HijackThis startup scan] C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\PK4E.tmp\HijackThis.exe /startupscan
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.c...ls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1115665461749
    O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: ecure (ecure) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Temp\FireDaemon.EXE (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Workstation Service Library (Microsoft Locator Service) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\wkssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: svchost1 (svchost1) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Temp\FireDaemon.EXE (file missing)
    O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: system (system) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Temp\FireDaemon.EXE (file missing)
    ...................................................................................................
    Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT.

When done, from between the dotted lines, delete the highlighted bold files.
    When a \directory-name\ is bold, delete everything in it, including that directory itself.
    Delete all files and directories from: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp
    Repeat this for ALL [usernames].
    Delete all files and directories from: C:\WINDOWS\Temp
    Boot normal. When all OK, switch System Restore back on.

6. Son of Sam

Son of Sam TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 50

hmmmmm... now i feel like a *****. sorry about that.

thanks for the help RealBlackStuff

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.