please check my hijackthis log

By xanimefanx
May 24, 2007
  1. Somehow i just resarted my computer and finally i was able to do a system restore but not a format hard drive to erase all old data and put new stuff on it. It works yay! Now i need you to check my hijack this log and just to let you know i have on my computer

Java SE
    uTorrent 1.7 beta
    Comodo Firewall Pro
    Avast! antivirus
    Magic Iso
    Combined Community Codec Pack
    Nero 6
    Adobe reader 6.0
    Action Replay Code Manager
    Microsoft Works
    Crap cleaner
    hijack this 2
    Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003

and all the stuff that came on the disk that came with the computer from Gateway from the store CompUsa
    I had to reinstall that software to my computer so heres a log attached
    but also if any software i have isnt good or is bad let me know a better one or something i should get

this computer is a Gateway 830GM Microsoft windows xp media center 2005 edition Pre-Installed
  2. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,265

Your log appears clean from infections. However, you should do the following:

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
    Search for the following service. Double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Run HijackThis and fix the following:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

Then navigate in windows explorer to the following file and delete it:

Unhide your files and folders if you can't find it.

Apart from that, your system is clean.

Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of xanimefanx only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.