Please check my logs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - After encountering a rather nasty spyware/virus?? I followed the pre-removal insructions and am now posting my HJT, combofix and AVG logs, which someone can hopefully check. Also the results indicated no infections from the Anti-root kit scan. Most of the symptoms are gone however you can't be too sure about these things.. Anyways Thx alot

Hi geekteknique and welcome to techspot. =)

You may wish to copy and paste these instructions on notepad for easier reference later.

Boot into safe mode under your normal user name. See how HERE

Next turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE

Go to start > run and type services.msc. Press the enter key.
Search for the following services. Double click to select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Alcmtr
smgr
tezchiby.exe
ODBC Administration Service

Open your task manager by pressing holding ctrl, alt and pressing del. Alternatively, use ctrl + shift + esc. Go to the processes tab, and end the following processes, if found:

smgr.exe
tezchiby.exe
odbcasvc.EXE

After that, run HijackThis and fix the following entries, if found (do this by placing a tick in the check boxes beside these entries and clicking "Fix checked"):

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {3D83916A-AB0F-43D7-8741-243B1759F636} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {73BA12CB-F801-41F7-B199-0474FB66D090} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [smgr] smgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tezchiby.exe] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\tezchiby.exe
O23 - Service: ODBC Administration Service (odbcasvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\odbcasvc.EXE (file missing)

Close HJT.

Navigate in Windows Explorer and delete the following files and folders in bold.

C:\WINDOWS\uha.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\smgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\odbcasvc.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ipmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpdx.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysmon32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsys64.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qomkllj.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vturp.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\tezchiby.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Thereafter, please post fresh HJT and ComboFix logs from normal mode as attachments into this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of geekteknique only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Alright no worries, I found out what prevented me from attaching those logs - so I edited the first post and they should be there .... thanks again

Hi,

Be sure to follow my instructions carefully and post the fresh logs when you're done.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of geekteknique only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi - I've followed your instructions carefully and am now posting fresh HJT and combofix logs. I couldn't find a few of the files you told me to delete so I hope that's not a problem. Please tell me I'm in the clear :haha: and thanks again

Hi,

We're almost done.

Please follow these instructions carefully.

1. Download The Avenger by Swandog46 from HERE. Save it to your Desktop and extract it.

2. Download the attached "avengerscript.txt" (from my attachment) and save it to your desktop

Note: the above code was created specifically for this user. If you are not this user, do NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

3. Now, start The Avenger program by double clicking on its icon on your desktop.

Under "Script file to execute" choose "Load script from file".
Now click on the folder icon which will open a new window titled "open Script File"
navigate to the attachment avengerscript.txt you have just downloaded, click on it and press open.
Now click on the Green Light to begin execution of the script
Answer "Yes" twice when prompted.

4. The Avenger will automatically do the following:

It will Restart your computer. ( In cases where the code to execute contains "Drivers to Unload", The Avenger will actually restart your system twice.)
On reboot, it will briefly open a black command window on your desktop, this is normal.
After the restart, it creates a log file that should open with the results of Avenger’s actions. This log file will be located at C:\avenger.txt
The Avenger will also have backed up all the files, etc., that you asked it to delete, and will have zipped them and moved the zip archives to C:\avenger\backup.zip.

5. Please attach the content of c:\avenger.txt into your reply, as well as a fresh ComboFix log. Hopefully we're done after this.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Hi,

Your logs look clean now.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine and C:\VundoFix Backups folder.(located in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Quarantine)

Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

After that turn system restore back on.
This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
May I recommend you to read this article.
This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Thanks alot Momok, you definitely know your stuff. Computer's working fine now - and hopefully I can keep it that way :rolleyes:

Regards, geekteknique

Glad to help. I'm sure you'll be able to keep it that way; just stay careful and remember the advice from the article I recommended. ;)

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back