Please Help : Computer keeps Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertq

Hi,

My Desktop computer keeps crashing few times a day for last couple of days. It started out slow once a day last week when I got Broadband thru my telephone company. They have provided me with a WI-FI modem although I don’t have a WI-FI capability in my desktop. It is therefore connected using a cable to my LAN card.
Previously I had cable internet but no such problems.

This is the only Hardware change made in last one week and I am using Internet Download Manager ( Latest Version ) which I was using before too.

My system Specs are :

Win XP PRO SP2
P4 Dual Processor 3.00 GHz
2.0 GB RAM
NOD32 Antivirus
Zone Alarm PRO Firewall
Trojan Hunter software

The error I am getting is :

A problem has been detected & window has been shut down.

BAD_POOL_CALLER

Technical Info :

***STDP : 0X00000002

STOP : X00000002 ( 0X00000007, 00000CD4, 0X021300000, 0X88910528 )
Etc.

Can a Modem be Causing this problem OR there is something else ?

I have been using this computer for last two years with no such problem.

Please HELP.

Thank You

Can you attach your minidumps? It would help us if we could read them via WinDebugger.

Hi,

First Thank you for replying to my problem.

Second, I am not sure what info you are asking for. Please forgive me because I am not a techi.

I posted exactly what errors I was getting after the crash.

Can you kindly explain what you are looking for & how do I get that info ?

Thanks so much for your interest in helping.

I very much appreciate it.

Robert

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is these files we need, NOT the whole folder. Attach the minidumps inn your next post.

To attach look for the screen below your posting that has the Manage Attachment box.

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

I am attaching the minidump file. I wasn't sure you wanted the just the last dump file or the whole folder.

Please tell me what is going on.

Thanks so much.

Your error is a 0xC2 and this is caused by a faulty driver or buggy software. The probable caused cited is the driver vsdatant.sys which is of Zone Alarm. Many people have had issues with this particular driver with ZA.

Route44 said:
Your error is a 0xC2 and this is caused by a faulty driver or buggy software. The probable caused cited is the driver vsdatant.sys which is of Zone Alarm. Many people have had issues with this particular driver with ZA.

Really appreciate your kind help.

Please tell me what I am thinking about doing is correct or not.

I will disable the Zone Alarm PRO and try to download without it. But this would leave me exposed.

(1) So turn on the Windows firewall & see what happens ?

OR

(2) Stay exposed just to find out that it really is the Zonealarm firewall ?

(3) What if it is not the Zonealarm ?

(4) If it is Zonealarm, which firewall should I then go for then that is comparable to Zonealarm ?

(5) Eliminate the Root Cause which is a Wi Fi modem and instead go for regular modem ? I do not have Wi Fi capability any way & currently I am using a cable to connect the Wi Fi modem to my Desktop anyway so Wi Fi is of no use as it is right now anyway. This would be the best solution in my opinion if Wi Fi modem is the culprit. Am I right ?

Thank You again & looking forward to your and anybody else's suggestions too.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back