Please help, directdraw Not Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I work for a lan gaming center and we have 40 PC, but for some strange reason we are having problems with 3 of them. Some of the games will not load and when I go to dxdiag I found out that directdraw and AGP Texture acceleration is not available. Now all the computers are brand new and the details of the hardware are as follows.

cpu: Pentium D 2.8GHz
Ram: 2GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900GS (Which is brand new)
Driectx : Directx 9.0c

I have tried everything I can think of, I have reinstalled the graphics and video drivers, I have update the drivers and chipsets, I have run anti-spyware and anti-virus, I have run registry fixers and still nothing seems to be working. All 40 PC are exactly the same and have the same hardware on it yet 3 seem to be having this problem, If anyone has any solution it would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

I had that problem once, i reinstalled graphics drivers to no avail.
It was minor hard drive corruption where some part of the graphics driver was stored, i ran scan disk, totally removed the old driver then reinstalled and it all worked again, perhaps that will work for you???

Thanks very much, I will give that a try. Did you have any problems when you uninstalled the graphics drivers as I don't have the drivers on cd so will the computer still load up without the drivers? Also we are running windows xp, how did you run scan disk?

I had absolutely no problems with uninstalling the driver (except for the fact it moved all my desktop icons about). To run scan disk, just right click on the hard drive in "my computer", select properties, tools, then error checking.

I thank you very much for you post but unfortuntly this didn't work for me. If you or anyone else has any idea's it would be greatlt welcomed.

spawn use driver cleaner pro Sharkfood gave me some tips
start up in safe mode run driver cleaner more check multiple and delete all the Nvidia drivers registries..what kind of motherboard are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back