Please help: Driver irql not less or equal Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Im having big problems here,wondered if you can help.Im running windows 2k pro woth 193mb ram.When I install an average size programme or use windows update my computer crash dumps and I get a stop message with a lot of numbers on it.

"Stop 0x000000D1 090x0153E520, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x50074F65) DRIVER irql_not_less_or_equal
Beginning dump of physical memory . . . . "

It only happens after a couple of minutes after reaching the desktop,when I install a programme or update rollup 1.The numbers in the error message change depending on which programme I install.

Attached are 3 dump files,and ive tried but I cant figure out what they mean!

The only other thing that might be affecting this is the rasman error in event viewer id 20027 "could not open ndiswan" but I think this is due to my wireless lan.

Any help would be much appreciated as im tearing my hair out!

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
I have analysed all three of your minidumps and all three seem to be incomplete, stopping at hidserv.sys. Are you, by chance, shutting the system down before the minidump finishes? or is the system itself? The process ID of the faulty driver is listed as 7cdd792d but cannot be found in the list of running drivers as it is incomplete. There is a utility called procstat.exe that will tell you the ID's of your running processes.

Thanks for your reply Gandalph

Im sorry i didnt reply earlier Gandalph but im in the middle of exams and dont have much free time. The blue screen just appears and nothing happens.I leave it for a while and i have to shut it down.Should i leave it for long next time to see if the mini dump finishes? im getting quite good at uninstalling programmes within the time limit before it crashes!

Could you tell me more about prostat.exe as i havent heard of it before?

Thanks for your efforts to help

Steve

Hi,

I analyzed your minidumps and the failing instruction address are different to your problem description. I don't find hidserv.sys at the module list. Can you attach more minidumps here. I believe that it is device driver problem.

Mini011206-01.dmp BugCheck D1, {7cdd792d, 2, 0, 7cdd792d}
Mini011206-02.dmp BugCheck D1, {7cdd792d, 2, 0, 7cdd792d}
Mini011206-03.dmp BugCheck D1, {7cdd792d, 2, 0, 7cdd792d}

Thanks for your reply cpc2004.

I will now install windows 2000 update rollup 1 to invoke another couple of minidumps for you.This doesnt just happen with update rollup 1, but im guessing this is least likely to have any problems coming from the microsoft website and will point more directly to what my problem is.

Ill post the minidumps in a while after i install/run and uninstall update rollup 1, and fingers crossed my computer will be ok again after all this.

Please note that i dont have a windows 2000 cd to repair anything.

Steve

I have two more minidumps here and I tried leaving the computer but the blue screen just stayed and it said "minidump complete" so I had to turn the computer off manually.I have also included in the zipped file, a screenshot of my taskmanager just before the stop message occured.

I think the numbers after the Stop Erro change depending on what programme im installing.

Right now imm having problems with my wireless lan connecting and reconnecting over and over again.

The only other thing I can think of is in device manager all the wan miniports are disabled. There are about 10 of these disabled,a Direct Parallel and an Intel PRO/100VM Network Connection are both set to disabled for my wireless to work.

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• Minidump2.zip
    56.8 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Gandalf.

Someone told me that it might be a problem with there not being enough ram.ive discovered that if i increase the paging file size,it takes longer for the computer to crash. mayabe i just need to get more ram as 195mb isnt enough?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Bob,

If windows runs out of memory, it will perform paging and not crash. Windows hang up unless the paging space is also full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back