Please Help emergency situation here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1n9k00p4

Ok guys, think my HDD has died :( let me tell u what happened.

Ive been using Windows for as long as ive been using computers so i though id try one of the many different distros of Linux available for download, so i downloaded SuSe, installed it and it all worked fine.

But then when it came back to putting winXP on my machine after the initial XP CD boot/setup it says "Error Loading Operating System" o_0

Now ive tried Formatting C: in the XP recovery console, and ive tried deleting all the partitions and reinstalling windows but allas the same error message pops up, why is that?

it all started when i was trying to make a dual boot machine with SuSe/WinXP

once i did manage to get windows back on but he C: drive was E: drive and when i plugged in a USB storage device that showed up as C:

HOW CAN I RESOLVE THIS?!, p.s. i dont want linux anymore just windowsXP

BTW sry if this is the wrong thread or whatever but im a techspot forum nOOb, give me a week :)

Cheers. Luke

Go to www.bootdisk.com and get the file to make a W98SE/OEM floppy.
Remove the external disk.
Boot up, change the bootsequence in BIOS to boot from floppy first, boot from that floppy and then use FDISK on it to delete all partitions from your harddisk.
Create 1 new partition, using up all available space.
Exit FDISK and reboot, change the bootsequence in BIOS to boot from CD first, and boot from your XP-CD. It should now format/install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back