TechSpot

Please Help.Hard to startup Computer.

By Drdave
Jan 26, 2007
  1. I'm new here and have lots of questions and problems.One of which is that at power up it take a number of tries to boot .From two to ten tries.Part of the time I don't even get the Dell logo page or windows loading.I'm getting power to the drives an fan.This all seemed to happen after trying to load Cyberlink video software.That didn't work so I tried a program called Christv_agent.That did work and I can't seem to get rid of it .I also found a Trojan horse when I ran spyware.I had mentioned in a past post that I also lost the Standby/Hibernate button at shut down.Once I can get the computer up and booted It works fine except for the missing Standby/Hibernate button .I'm running Windows Pro.On top of everything else I can't find my windows software.Any help or input would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Hey Drdave,
    Post this over in Security and the Web... You may be able to get better help on this problem there

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.