please help I am getting cid pop ups and can not stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

edteach

I was reading on this site about cid pop ups and the end said to post here to start getting help instead of adding to an existing thread.
Could someone please help me in a walk through as from what I have read it is a bit more complicated than I am comfortable in doing myself. thanks

hello edteach, and welcome to techspot.
first go to this link https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
follow the instructions to the letter. should you become stuck please don't hesitate to ask for more advice.
please post all required logs for the techsperts to view. post logs as attachments and not a paste, all the instructions are available. dont worry its easier than it looks..

this thread is for the use of edteach only if you have similar problems, please start a new thread in security and the web forum

here is the HJT log

I ran the items you sug. and this is the hjt list after the cleaning.

Thanks bobby, I found and cleands the host file of cid items, and found the small program cid help in add remove. I have not had them pop up since.
thanks again.

Edited by Moderator: No need for a double post if there are no replies between your current post and the last post, unless bumping the thread. In that case, please wait at least 24 hours before doing so. Otherwise, simply use the "Edit post" button instead.

Hi,

Often times malware do not come with just one infection. It is highly probable that your system has been infected with other malware. I would advise you to continue with the instructions as provided by tomrca and post the required logs for inspection.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of edteach only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

HJT scan attach

Sorry and thanks, I went into C drive , program files then trend micor, under folder hijack this I changed it to analyser v_2.
Then I opened up the file and the Hijack this program I changed it to analyser v_2. also. I hope this is correct I did a scan and here is the attachment.

hi edteach.
would you please edit your post by removing the pasted log and upload it as an attachment as you previously did. but first change the name of hijackthis to analyser v_2.
eg:C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\analyser v_2.exe as bugs can hide from it under its original name, which makes your log basically invalid at the moment.

use the EDIT button in your posting

hjt

I renamed the file folder and the program, I hope this is correct, and posted the log in attachment form. If I do have something on there that is not wanted please tell me how to get rid of it. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back