Please help me, asking for extreme graphics card disk??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have stumled accross your website as a last resort before I throw my laptop into a large industrial blender!

I believe that I must have come down wit a virus (or many) a while ago and now am having many many problems.

Firstly, when I start up it asks me for the installation disk for an extreme graphics card???

It tells me that new software has been found (VGA controller)??

I have tried to unninstall Norton Antivirus so I can buy a new version but it wont let me??

My DVD Re-writer has stopped working, MY LAPTOP IS ONLY 2 YEARS OLD!!!

Can anyone help me please?? my email address is james@sbssales.co.uk, and don't worry, this isn't coming from the laptop in question!!!

Thanks

what about the warranty on your pc?
have you tried to format the hard drive, if not give that a try, that is of course there's nothing worth saving. better than just binning it.

wouldn't bother with norton at all.

Problem is that there is plenty of things I need on the hard drive, and because the CD writer isn't working I cant save the stuff! Plus, I wouldn't know where to start with formatting.

Sounds like for whatever reason our onboard video driver is missing. if you have a USB pen drive you could download the driver you need onto it and transfer it to your latop for installation. laptop optical drives are very flimsy and I have never seen one lst more than a few years.

As per what iss said, you should be able to get the intel extreme graphics drivers from your mfgr website. If not, you should be able to get them from drivers.com or other such places, there are a few. Most are free.
Drivers.com you have to register to get free files, but its easy.
You should only have to go to your mfgrs website, i am only pointing out other ways.
I have some intel extreme graphics on cd from the mfgr website, i just dont know if they would be the same or not. I imagine there arent too many different ones, but i dont really know for sure. I think there are intel extreme graphics and intel extreme graphics 2 and thats all, but again, i am only going by what i remember. There could be different versions of the same drivers as well. Do you have a manual?
If not you could get the manual from the mfgrs website as well.
Once you have them you can get a 128mb usb thumb (pen) drive for $10 or less or borrow one. I have one i could sell you.
And what about warranty?
For future, if buying a notebook, always buy an extended warranty, you almost always need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back