Please help me get my sound back - audio device

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was uninstalling some programs and I wasn't paying attention and I think I uninstalled my audio device. Under "Sounds and Audio Devices" in Control Panel it says I have no audio device. The only sound I can get now is the beeps.

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Win XP.

I've tried reading other posts and the Help section in Windows and I can't figure out how to get my sound back.

Please help!

sounds like you need to reinstall your sound card's drivers. unless you have a restore cd or the cd that came with your sound card, you might need to go to the sound card manufacturer's website and download drivers for it.

sorry, for the stupid question, but how can i figure out what my sound card's manufacturer is?

i have no restore CDs or anything like that. it's a laptop - i'm not sure what kind of sound program or audio device i had.

try going to add hardware in control panel and auto-detecting your sound card.

also, try finding your exact computer and model on the computer company's website. from there you can find all your pre-built specs. (if your laptop is not custom built or modified) it might have a link to download original drivers as well.

if you have trouble doing this, reply with your computer brand and model and someone will look it up for you.

Sound now working ----- thanks to JACK TEE

Dear Jack:

I did exactly what you said do..... and THANK GOODNESS --- I have sound again.

Thank you very much.

Ann Riddle

about ocontrol panel

I was uninstalling some programs and I wasn't paying attention and I think I uninstalled my audio device. Under "Sounds and Audio Devices" in Control Panel it says I have no audio device. The only sound I can get now is the beeps.

I have a hp desk top with Win XP.

I've tried reading other posts and the Help section in Windows and I can't figure out how to get my sound back.

Please help!

I have a hp desk top with Win XP.

Please help!

did u read this thread, go to HP web site and get the drivers for the computer. reinstall the audio drivers. if it is a separate add on sound card install from the CD that came with the card.

i did not know you could not post up links in here! i have a link that will get anybody sound back i promise it works! im new to this bored i dont know how old this form this is. so imma gonna be checking to see what people say who ever need help i just messges them the link.

How?

How do you find the sound card manufacturer's website ,and download drivers for it. Can u please tell me exactley how u do all that ****. Dont make any hard words plz, and please be extremly strickt. Im desperat getting my sound back!

Thx!

how come you cant post links up in here? i have a link for you to go to. email you priv on this and then you give me your email i email you the link what to do.

But, lol.. did u mean like we should give eachother our e-mail adress ? It would be much easyer talking there than here:p

im howdoigetsound123 im with yahoo do u have messger? cause this form is so un fair how can anybody help anybody when it wont let you post the tools to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back